Having an efficient solar panel system for your garden can bring you forth folds of benefits. It will not only make your garden look really amazing but also spare yourself from headaches because of high electricity bills.
In this article, we will try to unlock the different ways to use solar energy for garden. It will give you an idea of how awesome will it be after determining the usage of solar energy for your garden.
Let us not delay the excitement anymore by enumerating them individually.
- For Lighting: In the evening, it is more desirable if you will have solar lighting in your garden as solar path lights, post lights, decor garden lighting…. This will add up extra security in the evening and will make your garden look impressive as well.
- For Aesthetics Purposes: As we all know a solar panel system can really look good. So once you have this in your garden, people will surely drool over the great looks of your garden. This will be an added factor for having a better-looking house.
- For Water Timer Device: Solar panels are a great source of electricity for your water timer device. This is perfect if you have a busy schedule because you do not have to manually water the plants.
The good thing is you can do things in an automated way without increasing the costs of your grid consumption. So you just set up it and you are good to go. It is more efficient in the summer season as it can prevent the drying of your plants.
- For Multifunctional Use: There are times when we go to our garden, we love to have recreational activities. This is why we will need to be powered by electricity in order to enjoy more especially when camping.
- Perfect for Powering up Greenhouse: Solar panel systems on your garden are great especially for small-sized greenhouse. You’ll never worry anymore of where to get your power source.
- Backyard Solar Swimming Pool: As we all know swimming pool filter systems, eat up a lot of grid power. So if you are reluctant of building one for your backyard because of maintenance costs issues then integrating a solar panel system on your backyard swimming pool is a good idea.
- Garden Sheds: Powering up garden sheds is absolutely perfect if you will get it from solar energy. This will save you a lot of money from grid costs. It is always better to have garden sheds as it will give you and your delicate plants some sort of protection.
The Perfect Types of Solar Panels to Use for your Garden
After knowing the benefits, the next thing that you want to know is the type of solar panel to use. There are two types of solar panel that is perfect for garden use and you’ll surely not want to miss out on them.
- Polycrystalline – this type is more affordable but it does not make them less in terms of efficiency. They are reliable as well but obviously not as great with their monocrystalline counterpart. They are considered efficient as well but they tend to accumulate heat faster.
- Monocrystalline – they are considered as the premium type of solar panels that are perfect for gardens. They are composed of silicon ingots and look really unique with their rounded cells. They tend to last extremely long and the best when it comes to efficiency.
When should you decide to put a solar panel system in your garden?
We have proven that you’ll get a lot of benefits if you put a solar panel system in your garden. But it is always important to know the right timing when to put one. Here are some of the factors that you should consider.
- Budget: It is always important to have an extra budget if you want to have a solar panel system because as we all know they never come cheap.
- You know reliable people that know how to install: Since the solar panel industry is growing nowadays, this could be a problem if you availed the wrong guys. So it is important to have some sort of background check in order for you to ensure that you’ll not waste your money on below satisfactory services and products.
- Factors that comprise your area. There are several factors before you come up with a decision that you must finally install a solar panel system in your garden. The factors can be really minor up to serious that it must not be taken for granted. Some of the well-known factors are the following:
- The climate in your area: It is advisable if your place has great regular exposure to sunlight. This will help you get the most out of your solar panel system for your garden in terms of efficiency.
- Pests: You might be aware if there are certain pests in your area that might damage your solar panel system. You must get rid of them completely or place some kind of protection in order to give you peace of mind that your newly-purchased solar panel system will not get destroyed by them.
- Security: Do you have a completely secured home? Right now, bad elements are aware of how much does a complete set of solar panel system costs; that is why it is important that you completely understand the risks. The action plan that you must do is ensure that no trespassers can intrude on your place. This is a great way in order for your solar panel system to be safe at all times.
After we have discussed the different ways to use solar energy for garden, you have now an idea of why you should consider having them. It will not only make your grid consumption lower but also will make your garden look promising. It is a good long-term investment that you will not regret for sure. Try it out and see the difference that it can give to your garden in a positive way.